Assessment and Injury Prevention for Professional Violists and Violinists
I work with you one-on-one to determine your ideal ergonomic setup (chin rest and shoulder rest combination) for your body. I will suggest a plan of specific exercises to strengthen muscles and correct alignment in order to eliminate (and prevent) pain from your practicing.
I use my knowledge of anatomy and musculature in order to create custom solutions for your situation.
- Solo Performance Diploma and Masters Degree from Indiana University, where I studied exclusively with Karen Tuttle students and took courses on body mapping for musicians.
- Participant in UNCSA's 2015 Karen Tuttle Coordination Workshop
- Current Doctoral Student in Viola Performance at Arizona State University
- Completed Stott Pilates - Intensive Mat Plus in 2017 with "Strong ability to perform postural assessment and analysis," and "Strong ability to correct students with verbal and tactile cues, and evocative imagery.”
- 200hr Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance
*Only available in Tempe, AZ
*I am confident in my ability to help you, without needing a follow up appointment. If you follow my recommendations exactly and are still not seeing an improvement, you may schedule follow up appointments for FREE.