Ergonomic Solutions for Professional Violists and Violinists
I work with you one-on-one to determine your ideal ergonomic setup (chin rest and shoulder rest combination) for your body. I will suggest a plan of specific exercises to strengthen muscles and correct postural alignment.
I use my knowledge of anatomy and musculature in order to create custom solutions for your situation.
- Solo Performance Diploma and Masters Degree from Indiana University, where I studied exclusively with Karen Tuttle students and took courses on body mapping for musicians.
- Participant in UNCSA's 2015 Karen Tuttle Coordination Workshop
- Current Doctoral Student in Viola Performance at Arizona State University
- Completed Stott Pilates - Intensive Mat Plus in 2017 with "Strong ability to perform postural assessment and analysis," and "Strong ability to correct students with verbal and tactile cues, and evocative imagery.”
- 200hr Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance
- Merge Practitioner - Merge: The Practice
*Only available in Tempe, AZ
*I am confident in my ability to help you, without needing a follow up appointment. If you follow my recommendations exactly and are still not seeing an improvement, you may schedule follow up appointments for FREE.
*****Disclaimer: I am not qualified to diagnose, and these exercises are not intended to heal any condition. If you have any serious injury or medical condition, consult your primary care doctor before beginning any exercise or stretching routine.